God has been doing this cool thing of restoring and redeeming a lot in my life that has been lost this past year. I love this passage from Joel 2:25 of God’s promise to restore those things that are lost in our trials when we are obedient to Him during those tough times. I will restore to you the years that the swarming locust has eaten. You see this in the life of Job as well when God restores him 10 fold for remaining in obedience while he is being tested. God has given me some amazing new friends to walk with, opportunities in ministry and blessings with my finances. He has also blessed me with a new church and a new community that is stronger than I have ever had before and I am thankful to be there. Yet at the same time, he has restored my old church to me that I left on no-so-good terms with last summer. It’s been awesome to return there and reconnect with old friends and serve from time to time. Plus my kids have really got connected in their respected youth groups there and I want them to keep going. Today, my old mentor and hero Ron Merrell spoke as a guest speaker there. Colossians is one of my favorite books of the Bible and above is the video of his message. It was a great message on spiritual disciplines and how they keep us in tune with God.
- RT @HISTORY: What kind of floats were at the first #Thanksgiving Parade 90 years ago? Read up on the #history of the iconic event: http://t… 21 minutes ago
- Made it to the crown @StatueLibrtyNPS #stateofliberty http://t.co/GpV9NCewyS 25 minutes ago
- Humbling day at @Sept11Memorial #NeverForget #911 http://t.co/Iq7HAldhzl 12 hours ago
- Fun rainy morning at @GMA with @alfonso_ribeiro #DWTS . We made the @TimesSquareNYC screen! http://t.co/QUpU0IFY7s 22 hours ago
- Massive #Ferguson demonstration going on in @TimesSquareNYC #TimesSquare http://t.co/XqPHNyRXSQ 1 day ago