We had a fun drive down. I was in David’s van and he was the only person that I knew. He was good at being intentional about asking questions to get people knowing each other. I had fun getting to know this girl Britney next to me. We were having photo wars with our phones and who took the best pictures. As we crossed the border, I started to recognize the scenery around us from previous trips to Rocky Point as this place was a regular hang-out for me in my college days. I am looking forward to shedding those memories and replacing them with new ones with a new focus and perspective for this city. We stopped at Pollo Lucas – a restaurant off the main road. As we waited for our food, I got to make some new friends from other vans. Everyone was very warm and welcoming. They brought us chicken, rice and of course sodas bottled in glass bottles. It was a good lunch to start off the weekend.
- RT @TGC: Life and hope in a world of loss: Interview with @DavidPowlison: ow.ly/BDPjH 2 days ago
- Worshipping #Jesus tonight with the #Passion Band @passion268 #takeitalltour @SunValleyCC @kpstanfill http://t.co/q83GLLVUep 2 days ago
- RT @passion268: #TBT to #Passion2013 when we shined a light on slavery in a massive way! It was just the start. #enditmovement http://t.co/… 2 days ago
- RT @fourpeaksbrew: We couldn't make you wait until Monday for the release of Pumpkin Porter. Instead, you can come out to our 8th... http:/… 2 days ago
- RT @devourphoenix: Arizona’s 50 Best Restaurants 2014 arizonafoothillsmagazine.com/dining/restaur… via @AZFoothillsMag 2 days ago