We had a fun drive down. I was in David’s van and he was the only person that I knew. He was good at being intentional about asking questions to get people knowing each other. I had fun getting to know this girl Britney next to me. We were having photo wars with our phones and who took the best pictures. As we crossed the border, I started to recognize the scenery around us from previous trips to Rocky Point as this place was a regular hang-out for me in my college days. I am looking forward to shedding those memories and replacing them with new ones with a new focus and perspective for this city. We stopped at Pollo Lucas – a restaurant off the main road. As we waited for our food, I got to make some new friends from other vans. Everyone was very warm and welcoming. They brought us chicken, rice and of course sodas bottled in glass bottles. It was a good lunch to start off the weekend.
- RIP Bill Thompson. Thanks for the fun childhood memories #WallaceandLadmo 5 hours ago
- Excited to be at the @rhpna conference at @gcu this week on how we can better serve our #refugee brothers & sisters http://t.co/Br0A97bTMd 1 day ago
- RT @rhpna: #1 Reason to attend the Refugee Highway Partnership NORTH AMERICAN ROUNDTABLE! conta.cc/1sHGybk fb.me/6ZExYjoV5 1 day ago
- RT @starwars: Watch #JJAbrams unveil one final #StarWars surprise to support #ForceForChange! youtu.be/xWBGrkc360M 2 days ago
- RT @TheRealBuzz: #NeilArmstrong took this photo of me saluting our flag on the moon during our #Apollo11 moon walk & it was my proude… http… 2 days ago