We had a fun drive down. I was in David’s van and he was the only person that I knew. He was good at being intentional about asking questions to get people knowing each other. I had fun getting to know this girl Britney next to me. We were having photo wars with our phones and who took the best pictures. As we crossed the border, I started to recognize the scenery around us from previous trips to Rocky Point as this place was a regular hang-out for me in my college days. I am looking forward to shedding those memories and replacing them with new ones with a new focus and perspective for this city. We stopped at Pollo Lucas – a restaurant off the main road. As we waited for our food, I got to make some new friends from other vans. Everyone was very warm and welcoming. They brought us chicken, rice and of course sodas bottled in glass bottles. It was a good lunch to start off the weekend.
- Had a blast at the #GrandAvenue galleries for #ArtDetour26. Loving the creativity in this city. @artlink_phoenix @downtownphoenix 1 day ago
- RT @IJM: Today is Int'l Women's Day & you can help protect women by signing this: bitly.com/IJMPetition. #IWD #IWD2014 1 day ago
- @erwinmcmanus Really enjoyed watching the live stream of you and @iamfujimura. Excited to read your book! #theartisansoul @IntlArtsMvmnt 2 days ago
- RT @IntlArtsMvmnt: And we're LIVE! Check out our convo tonight with @iamfujimura and @erwinmcmanus at ustream.tv/channel/intern… 2 days ago
- RT @downtownphoenix: RT @dtphxjournal: Art Detour Weekend: Live and in Color bit.ly/1f6q2u7 | #dtphx 3 days ago