We had a fun drive down. I was in David’s van and he was the only person that I knew. He was good at being intentional about asking questions to get people knowing each other. I had fun getting to know this girl Britney next to me. We were having photo wars with our phones and who took the best pictures. As we crossed the border, I started to recognize the scenery around us from previous trips to Rocky Point as this place was a regular hang-out for me in my college days. I am looking forward to shedding those memories and replacing them with new ones with a new focus and perspective for this city. We stopped at Pollo Lucas – a restaurant off the main road. As we waited for our food, I got to make some new friends from other vans. Everyone was very warm and welcoming. They brought us chicken, rice and of course sodas bottled in glass bottles. It was a good lunch to start off the weekend.
- RT @thejusticeconf: Act justly. Love mercy. Walk humbly. 4 hours ago
- RT @downtownphoenix: Ice skating outdoors? REAL snow? Experience a winter wonderland in #dtphx at @CityScapePHX Nov. 29. http://t.co/ClewPB… 21 hours ago
- RT @mission68: The Board of Servant Leaders at MISSION is thrilled to announce that Joel Thomas is officially the new Lead Pastor of our ch… 21 hours ago
- RT @featureshoot: Playful Portraits of Hipsters Wearing Beards Made of Furry Critters ow.ly/ExXeR http://t.co/Gu7qiQh8Eb 23 hours ago
- RT @1000HillsCoffee: Pie is just better with coffee. There's still time to stock up for next week! #thanksgiving landofathousandhills.com/index.php/gour… htt… 2 days ago