We had a fun drive down. I was in David’s van and he was the only person that I knew. He was good at being intentional about asking questions to get people knowing each other. I had fun getting to know this girl Britney next to me. We were having photo wars with our phones and who took the best pictures. As we crossed the border, I started to recognize the scenery around us from previous trips to Rocky Point as this place was a regular hang-out for me in my college days. I am looking forward to shedding those memories and replacing them with new ones with a new focus and perspective for this city. We stopped at Pollo Lucas – a restaurant off the main road. As we waited for our food, I got to make some new friends from other vans. Everyone was very warm and welcoming. They brought us chicken, rice and of course sodas bottled in glass bottles. It was a good lunch to start off the weekend.
- Very thankful for the wonderful year of friendships and memories at @eighthdaycoffee as they are now closed. God blessed me w/ that place 12 hours ago
- RT @SharknadoSyfy: Keep swimming, there's a new fin in town. #Sharknado2TheSecondOne RT @SharkWeek: 27 > 2. Talk to us in a couple years. #… 16 hours ago
- I just backed Culture Care Book on @Kickstarter kck.st/1rXSYJu @IntlArtsMvmnt @iamfujimura #iamculturecare 20 hours ago
- RT @Cheesecake: HELLO, FRIEND! We've been waiting for you. #NationalCheesecakeDay http://t.co/dh3Cvk46Zd 23 hours ago
- RT @RichStearns: Unsure where to start praying for the children on the border? Use this wonderful prayer guide: bit.ly/1yWMaPz 1 day ago