We had a fun drive down. I was in David’s van and he was the only person that I knew. He was good at being intentional about asking questions to get people knowing each other. I had fun getting to know this girl Britney next to me. We were having photo wars with our phones and who took the best pictures. As we crossed the border, I started to recognize the scenery around us from previous trips to Rocky Point as this place was a regular hang-out for me in my college days. I am looking forward to shedding those memories and replacing them with new ones with a new focus and perspective for this city. We stopped at Pollo Lucas – a restaurant off the main road. As we waited for our food, I got to make some new friends from other vans. Everyone was very warm and welcoming. They brought us chicken, rice and of course sodas bottled in glass bottles. It was a good lunch to start off the weekend.
- RT @IMDb: Check out the new trailer for #Chef, directed and starring @Jon_Favreau. imdb.to/1hBZttf http://t.co/V4IefjUGhk 17 hours ago
- RT @garyhaugen: Freedom! Nearly 50 rescued from slavery in 4 simultaneous @IJM ops w/ Indian authorities. Thx for standing w/ us! http://t.… 22 hours ago
- RT @HuffingtonPost: From kimchi to kale, 22 foods that hipsters have ruined for the rest of us huff.to/1imluAN 1 day ago
- RT @ChristianPost: Do You have What it Takes for the 'World’s Toughest Job'? Viral Video Teaches an Important Lesson About Selflessness: ht… 1 day ago
- The Saturday before #Easter is the day we learn the art of waiting #HolyWeek 1 day ago