We had a fun drive down. I was in David’s van and he was the only person that I knew. He was good at being intentional about asking questions to get people knowing each other. I had fun getting to know this girl Britney next to me. We were having photo wars with our phones and who took the best pictures. As we crossed the border, I started to recognize the scenery around us from previous trips to Rocky Point as this place was a regular hang-out for me in my college days. I am looking forward to shedding those memories and replacing them with new ones with a new focus and perspective for this city. We stopped at Pollo Lucas – a restaurant off the main road. As we waited for our food, I got to make some new friends from other vans. Everyone was very warm and welcoming. They brought us chicken, rice and of course sodas bottled in glass bottles. It was a good lunch to start off the weekend.
- RT @thefoodbabe: You’ll Never Guess What’s In A Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte (Hint: You Won’t Be Happy) foodbabe.com/2014/08/25/sta… via #TheTru… 2 hours ago
- Life is like a camera http://t.co/0TEsK0lbj5 4 hours ago
- RT @CollegeGameDay: College Football is here! 4 hours ago
- I Voted! #Election2014 #rockthevote 20 hours ago
- My son started college this week. I'm exited for this new journey in his life @chandlergilbert #collegestudent 1 day ago