We had a fun drive down. I was in David’s van and he was the only person that I knew. He was good at being intentional about asking questions to get people knowing each other. I had fun getting to know this girl Britney next to me. We were having photo wars with our phones and who took the best pictures. As we crossed the border, I started to recognize the scenery around us from previous trips to Rocky Point as this place was a regular hang-out for me in my college days. I am looking forward to shedding those memories and replacing them with new ones with a new focus and perspective for this city. We stopped at Pollo Lucas – a restaurant off the main road. As we waited for our food, I got to make some new friends from other vans. Everyone was very warm and welcoming. They brought us chicken, rice and of course sodas bottled in glass bottles. It was a good lunch to start off the weekend.
- RT @aaronmcrae: Inpatient, CT scan, port and potentially more changes. Thankful for the prayers. caringbridge.org/visit/mcraekat… 1 day ago
- RT @mission68: The Phoenix Dream Center East Valley Kickoff is happening one week from today- check out details here: bit.ly/1xha61B 1 day ago
- Very grateful and thankful for this http://t.co/lBhZTbNss4 2 days ago
- RT @Yankees: “The only thing I've ever wanted to be was the shortstop of the New York Yankees.” atmlb.com/1vqd8xi http://t.co/RDrqDpIh… 3 days ago
- Congrats to my long time friend Jason and his beautiful bride @mbuckingham84! Love you two! http://t.co/IEn0dMqeMT 3 days ago